Tax season is here and before you know it your tax refund will be sent out. Before you receive your refund, here are few things to keep in mind.
Tax Refund Reminders:
- HACU only allows you to direct deposit your refund to a REGULAR SAVINGS OR CHECKING ACCOUNT.
- Always verify your ACCOUNT AND ROUTING NUMBERS are ENTERED CORRECTLY on your tax return to ensure funds will be deposited into your account.
- Verify refund is going into an account in YOUR name, YOUR SPOUSES name, or BOTH names, if it is a JOINT account.
- You CANNOT direct your refund into someone else’s account or into your tax preparer’s account to pay preparation fees.
HACU Policies for Refund Checks & Cards:
Refund Checks Payable to Multiple Payees
- If a refund check is payable to more than one individual, both signatures are required to cash or deposit into your HACU account.
- If one of the payees in not a member, both signatures are required, and both must be present.
Credit/Debit Card Refunds
- HACU requires all Refund cards with no embossed name to be signed on the back of the card prior to visiting the credit union. Cards CANNOT be signed onsite.
Where is my Tax Refund?
Check the status of your refund 24 hours after the IRS receives an e-file or 4 weeks after a paper return is mailed. To check your tax refunds status visit: https://www.irs.gov/refunds